England’s gay scene is centered around the capital, London, and major cities like Manchester, Birmingham and Liverpool.
London is actually the largest metropolitan area in Western Europe, and a global capital of finance, fashion, fun and, yes, gay culture. It’s home to more gay clubs than we can list.
Laws permitting same-sex marriage came into effect for England in March 2014. God bless the queen!
If you have not been to the England in recent years, you may find it unrecognisable. Its cities have more theatres than New York, more artists than Paris, and gay and lesbian scenes to rival any on the planet. Rainbow Tourism strongly recommends all gay and lesbian travellers select England when a gaycation or hotspot destination comes open for discussion. There are plenty of gay owned and gay welcoming hotels, a host of clubs, pubs and discos, many gay friendly tours, and loads of must-do activities like dining and shopping.
- Sightseeing: England Tours & Sightseeing
- Visit Gay Britain:Celebrate your Pride and your Love
- Festivals: Festivals & Events
- London Pride: Pride in London– June
- Liverpool Pride: Liverpool Pride Festival
- Manchester Pride: Manchester Pride